Thursday, December 9, 2010

Snow fox


I wrote the last words on my french test "un Bon Jour!" which means A great day. This time that we spent together was a "bon Jour". It was made up of hard work in the kitchens with light green veneer and thick air full of industrialization and efficiency. Most of it was spent behind a cash register, like a bubble separated from the world, observing the animals which came to look at me from the zoo. The human zoo. Some people were not pleasing, they did not like to look me in the eye, others looked for their friends just wanting to see someone instead of being lonely for a moment. Some people talked on the phone when they ordered, treating the whole system as a machine, me as a obstacle. But the real special ones were the ones who looked back, connected, talked to me and appreciated the simple interaction. These simple interactions occur every moment of our lives on such a miniscule level of walking by someone on the street, to kissing a clingy drunk girl. No one can deny how intimate every interaction is.
The lesson that this quarter has taught is to see every moment in slow motion and taste it. Being cool at all times no matter, the situation the cool demeanor and powerful eyes. Adjust volume controls to the mood i feel, which always isnt loud. Patients, is a virtue and a way to be sinister. All things good come in time, and time comes in good things. Soon i will be coasting down the 101 in my home land of LA, city of angels.
The weather over there is cool, just like the way i feel. Here in the bay, everything is chilled. The first time you go, you feel as if your in a foreign country but, you take the time to get familiar and open, you'll see that a part of the fog kind of grabs alittle bit of your soul. Last night after seeing the little fox I hung out with the people on my floor in Swig. And, i felt more at home than ive felt here in a long time. you get the feeling that, this is where you've been meant to be. I had my last shift of future cougars asking me to make them "Skinny-Venti-Chai-nonfat-Latte". Yeah ill do it, but if i had it my way, i wouldnt do it at all and just give them water... because honestly, 1 its free, 2 its clear, 3 you dont need a drink that uses 5 adjectives to describe it. Im lucky i have the people around me, because if i didnt... this time would have been very different. To Sum up this quarter and the year of 2010 i have included photos which document a slow but happy progression into the present:











Click on the photos to Enlarge. trust me Bigger is always better